No company has yet submitted a comparative or a challenging proposal to the San Miguel Corp.’s proposed P735-billion Bulacan International Airport project.
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is scheduled to open bids of potential challengers on July 31, marking the end of the Swiss challenge.
Asked if there are any companies who submitted bids to challenger the airport project, Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said, “Wala pa po.”
The Transportation chief said if there are no challengers until the end of the month, the project can be awarded to original proponent San Miguel.
“Kapag walang mag -bid. Kapag wala mag start na sila,” Tugade told reporters on the sidelines of the Belt and Road China-Philippines Forum in Pasay City on Friday.
In April, the DOTr began the Swiss challenge or the process in which the original proponent will have to match or best the challengers to its airport proposal.
The Bulacan airport, an unsolicited proposal from San Miguel’s infrastructure unit, was approved by NEDA Board—chaired by President Rodrigo Duterte—on April 26 subject to resolution of pending issues, including the joint and several liability agreements by San Miguel Holdings and its parent company San Miguel Corp.
The project involves the construction, operation, and maintenance of a 2,500-hectare airport in Bulakan, Bulacan. The development includes a passenger terminal building with airside and landside facilities, and an airport toll road, and four runways.
With no challengers so far, San Miguel president and COO Ramon Ang is optimistic that the company can start construction of the airport project by the end of 2019. —LDF, GMA News
Read more at: gmanetwork.com/news/money/companies/702519/san-miguel-s-bulacan-airport-proposal-remains-unchallenged/story/